What you will do: You will be working with the FinWeb team to work with banks and aggregators to get transactions for our users. You will work with Product Managers, Engineers and DevOps Engineers to ensure we have a robust and efficient system. We continually strive to make our users lives easier, and you will be championing their cause while building a world class financial web platform.
While this role is back end focused, you will occasionally asked to jump in modify front end libraries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in developing SaaS applications working with back end, middleware service layers and APIs
- Knowledge of all of the following: C#, .NET, SQL Server, (AWS a plus)
- Understand why semantic HTML is important for everybody: users, developers, and the automated tools that scour the web on our behalf
- Be able to write testable code in the above technologies, as well as the automated tests for their own work
- Know how better web accessibility can be achieved through the code they write, or don’t write and has an attention to detail and empathy for our users, such that they can use all the skills above to build them something great
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
- Have initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Bonus points for experience with ES6, React, Webpack, NodeJS, Sass.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in any or all of the following - banking, OFX, security, identity, or authentication software.
- A good mind for CSS practices (using CSS pre/post-processors, and an understanding of why things like BEM and OOCSS exist) and can craft stylesheets that present a consistent visual language and scale to be used by teams of developers without turning into n-selector-deep purgatory for yourself and your colleagues.