Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. We want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.Here in San Francisco, we have a small but experienced team working on a strategic new application built on the small business platform. The team is responsible for building Android, iOS and web applications, as well as back end services and deep integrations with the wider product. We are looking to hire experienced mobile developers who can work closely with product and design to deliver innovative, captivating new experiences that solve the real world needs of small business owners and employees.
Why you should join:
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product right here in San Francisco then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, and a strategy in place for continued success. Now is the time to be a part of it all.
Our environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - we are all of that and more. We have offices throughout the world, and we're part of a global development community that includes engineers who attend and speak at conferences, host meet-ups and mentor students. We're really open in our discussions; from the technical challenges we face to improving diversity and inclusion.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get company shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so drop us an email and we’ll take it from there.
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering experience
- At least 1 year of Android Engineering experience
- A passion for software development and building beautiful user experiences
- Initiative and a passion for all things mobile and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced, progressive and collaborative environment
- Links to the apps you worked on in Play Store. We would love to talk with you about them
Good to have:
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and strong customer experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience working with libraries for Android like Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso, RxAndroid etc
- Experience with any of Kotlin, CI, NodeJS, Docker, AWS, API Development a plus
As an Android Engineer, you will get a chance to work on various apps and multiple components internally that you will be encouraged to contribute to. We also love open source libraries and we use them extensively in our apps and libraries.