We process over 1 billion requests every day from across the globe. This type of volume allows our client to instrument, collect, process, transform and analyze an enormous amount of data. As a Software Engineer, you will use your skills and experience to plan, design, development and maintain all of our internal and external service oriented applications and services that handle these large volumes of requests. You will be expected to solve some of our most challenging problems and contribute to the success of the company. If you want to have a say in the design of the architecture, want to have say in how we create services, and you want to be able to collaborate with many other teams from engineering to data science, to artificial intelligence than this is the position for you.
- Energetic and opinionated, yet a team player
- Enjoys working in agile environments and open source software
- Raises the bar for quality by reviewing others’ code and grows from constructive criticism
- Lives for test/behavior driven development with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and programming.
- High Proficiency in at least two of the following programming languages – Golang, C, C++, Python.
- A strong foundation in data structures and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Experience with developing scalable platforms and services
- Familiarity with message queuing systems (eg: NSQ, 0MQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with developing scalable platforms that connect to and interact with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), caching databases (Memcached, Redis), and NoSQL/horizontally distributed databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Extensive familiarity with Linux & Git
- Familiar with utilizing Amazon AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- Experience with building modular and manageable code.
- Golang expert.
- Experienced with Docker, Docker image creation, Google protocol buffers, wercker, hipchat to name a few.
- Working with and creating pipelines for big data
- Experienced developing various services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Extremely strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Experienced developing for multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experienced designing/developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful (experience with protobufs/gRPC is a plus)
- Experienced with infrastructure and systems engineering
- Experienced deploying/scaling platforms that run on AWS or other similar cloud providers