The role of the Sr Product Manager, will play a key role within the global payroll product team and work to deliver the payroll product vision. This role will own the product roadmap and be responsible for the delivery of key projects.This role works closely with the global payroll product teams to ensure success of the product in countries that are supported by payroll.
- Own the delivery of the roadmap, product planning, and requirements for new features and improvements.
- Develop business requirements and product specifications as required.
- Lead a team of indirect reports during the course of projects to drive delivery.
- Work closely with development to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to translate market requirements into executable user stories and designs.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among conflicting business priorities
- Champion for the customer by collaborating with the design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve problems for our customers.
- Effectively communicate to and lead a broad range of people at multiple levels within the organization
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure market fit for the product.
- Collaborate with product marketing and other key groups to ensure release readiness.
- Understand the wider landscape of products in order to identify and plan for dependencies with other product teams.
- Work with third party parties to understand their roadmap and how this will affect our roadmap.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a product focused software company.
- Strong Agile Scrum development methodology experience
- Experience with payroll software a huge bonus
- Experience with APIs / data transfers / payments a plus
- Experience managing product backlogs in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Experience negotiating feature tradeoffs with technical and business resources
- Experience working with a Scrum team to define user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong user experience thinking, always putting the customer first
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking